Aidon receives ISO 27001 information security management system certificate
Aidon has successfully completed certification to the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard for its information management system. The certification demonstrates Aidon’s commitment to information security and customer trust in compliance with an internationally recognised standard. The certificate covers Aidon’s all activities on all our sites in Finland, Sweden and Norway.
– This great achievement proves the high level of Aidon’s operational excellence. I’m proud of the dedication which our organisation and partners are showing in providing our customers with world-class smart metering and smart grid solutions that meet the strictest security standards. Information security has been a key focus area in developing our processes, and the certificate is a result of this long-term work, says Harri Valkonen, Information Security Officer and Director of Technology and Bid Management in Aidon.
What is ISO 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an internationally recognised security standard set by the international and independent International Organisation for Standardisation. ISO 27001 provides requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system. Risk identification and management as well as proactive internal assessments are an essential part of the requirements set in the standard.
What are the benefits of ISO 27001 to Aidon customers?
Being ISO 27001 certified demonstrates the fact that security is an integral part of the company’s activities. It also ensures that
- When working with the Aidon team, you are working with people who are dedicated to following information security processes and maintaining the high level of excellence in that area
- Our customers can rely on the security of our services
- Customer information is strictly protected
- We assess, minimise, and eliminate risks and vulnerabilities
- Our information security management tools and procedures are always up-to-date
- Aidon is compliant with the highest standard for information security, making us compliant with other regulations