We are Aidon
We are an established supplier of smart grid and smart metering technology and services in the Nordics. From our earliest days in 2004 to the present, we have been helping distribution system operators (DSOs) boost the reliability of electricity distribution.
We create the future of smarter grids
We want to be at the forefront of developing and deploying Industrial Internet and smart grid technology to Nordic DSOs, our customers. Our people in Finland, Sweden and Norway work together with them to digitalise their services and run their operations more efficiently.
Our customers operate, maintain, and develop the energy distribution systems in their area. Based on smart metering, as well as on the refinement and utilisation of grid data, our solutions enable DSOs to achieve their primary responsibility: to ensure the faultless delivery of electricity to end users. We help them better manage risks, detect and fix problems faster, and cope with the demands of the smarter grid.
We lead the way
Big changes are under way in the energy sector. In recent years, global conditions have continued to challenge it.
The issue of climate change, for instance, has become a defining feature in energy policy-making. To meet emission goals, it’s necessary to generate electricity from renewables, reduce its consumption and improve its efficiency.
Rapid technology development is also changing the way energy is produced and consumed. Digitalisation is altering the energy market, and the move is leading to the elasticity of demand, the emergence of automated networks and processes, the availability of data, analytics, and preventive and predictive maintenance actions.
Managing these shifts is now more crucial than ever before.
Aidon recognises that the transition towards more renewable energy is creating both opportunities and challenges to secure the global energy infrastructure. As a dynamic company, we understand what’s valuable for our customers. Together with DSOs, we work out a future-ready proposal that suits their needs and at the same time, enables consumers to adopt a sustainable lifestyle.
The leading supplier of smart energy metering systems and smart grid applications in the Nordics
Founded in 2004 in Jyväskylä, Finland
Shareholders: Investors Alder, 2VK Invest, and Finnish Industry Investment Ltd., as well as part of the personnel
Aidon Customization Centre in Vantaa, Finland
Thoughts and experiences about inspiration, technology, energy – anything that contributes to a smarter and greener future!
Aidon’s focus is on continual improvement of its Operational System which includes Quality management and Quality performance. Our Quality management system is certified according to ISO 9001:2015.
The key points are:
- We promise to understand our customers’ real needs faster than our competitors, and to develop smart solutions for them.
- We promise unique products, which will deliver significant added value and advantage to our customers’ business throughout the product’s lifetime.
- We promise an operational environment that offers intellectual challenges for our personnel and an opportunity for internal entrepreneurship, as well as an operating model that guarantees the conditions for creating and acquiring new knowledge.
- We promise to question the traditional solutions and operating models in the branch and to challenge competitors to engage in development work for the customers’ advantage.
- We create Aidon quality by keeping these strategic promises in our everyday work and are committed to continuously improve the quality of our products, services and operations.
Health & Safety
Aidon’s focus is on continual improvement of its Operational System which includes OH&S management and OH&S performance. Our Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) management system is certified according to OHSAS 18001:2007.
Aidon and its management recognises & accepts its responsibility to provide safe and healthy working environment for all its employees, partners, contractors and visitors who use Aidon’s premises. In order to prevent any injury and ill health, Aidon acts in accordance with the associated regulations in any country where Aidon operates in.
The key points are:
- Promote safe & healthy place of work with safe access
- Provide adequate health facilities
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out on an on-going basis
- Ensure objectives for elimination and reduction of risks are prioritized
- Provide sufficient training and supervision to enable people to avoid hazards and to contribute positively to the health and safety
- Ensure access to competent health and safety advice
- Ensure, at minimum, compliance with all relevant safety legislation
- Promote health & safety where possible also outside workplace
Aidon’s focus is on continual improvement of its Operational System which includes Environmental management and Environmental performance. We strive to reduce our own environmental impact. Our Environmental management system is certified according to ISO 14001:2015.
We contribute to eco-efficiency and environmental stewardship in the communities and countries where we operate. Our core businesses offer energy-efficient systems, products and services, which enable our customers to lower their use of energy and natural resources.
The key points are:
- Conducting all our operations in an environmentally sound manner by applying environmental management systems and principles, such as commitment to continual improvement, legal compliance and awareness training of employees
- Promoting environmental responsibility along the value chain by encouraging suppliers, subcontractors and customers to adopt international environmental standards
- Developing our manufacturing processes with focus on energy and resource efficiency
- Developing and marketing products and systems which are resource efficient and facilitate use of renewable energy sources
- Including environmental aspects in the risk assessment of major customer projects
Aidon is committed to develop, produce, and offer products, services, and solutions with high sustainability standards and to contribute to the sustainable development of society.
The key points are:
- Apply Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology to determine the significant environmental aspects and to assess the environmental impact of our operations
- Reduce the environmental impact of our own operations and take a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Apply Design for Environment principles to ensure continuous environmental improvements with a life cycle perspective regarding Aidon’s portfolio
- Increase knowledge and awareness of sustainability amongst our employees
- Engage in activities that have positive social, environmental, and economic impacts on people, business, and society
- Advocate use of Smarter Grid to mitigate and adapt to climate change and create low carbon economies of the future
- Ensure adequate sustainability standards in our supply chain
- Engage with our stakeholders about our sustainability performance
- Meet or exceed applicable legal requirements in socio-economic and environmental areas
Careers at Aidon
Aidon’s success is based on each employee’s skills, sense of responsibility, and desire to succeed through joint innovation. Our enthusiasm to seek out and create smart solutions is reflected in the innovative products and services we deliver – as well as in the uncontested customer value we create.
We offer interesting jobs, as well as an opportunity to work in an international and progressive organisation. People, their competence and attitude are the most important resource in our company.
Our open positions are presented on this page. You can also send an open application to email@example.com.
If you need the logo in other formats, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos: Aidon 6000 series 1- and 3-phase Energy Service Devices