We are Aidon
We are an established supplier of smart grid and smart metering technology and services in the Nordics. From our earliest days in 2004 to the present, we have been helping distribution system operators (DSOs) boost the reliability of electricity distribution.
We create the future of smarter grids
We want to be at the forefront of developing and deploying Industrial Internet and smart grid technology to Nordic DSOs, our customers. Our people in Finland, Sweden and Norway work together with them to digitalise their services and run their operations more efficiently.
Our customers operate, maintain, and develop the energy distribution systems in their area. Based on smart metering, as well as on the refinement and utilisation of grid data, our solutions enable DSOs to achieve their primary responsibility: to ensure the faultless delivery of electricity to end users. We help them better manage risks, detect and fix problems faster, and cope with the demands of the smarter grid.
We lead the way
Big changes are under way in the energy sector. In recent years, global conditions have continued to challenge it.
The issue of climate change, for instance, has become a defining feature in energy policy-making. To meet emission goals, it’s necessary to generate electricity from renewables, reduce its consumption and improve its efficiency.
Rapid technology development is also changing the way energy is produced and consumed. Digitalisation is altering the energy market, and the move is leading to the elasticity of demand, the emergence of automated networks and processes, the availability of data, analytics, and preventive and predictive maintenance actions.
Managing these shifts is now more crucial than ever before.
Aidon recognises that the transition towards more renewable energy is creating both opportunities and challenges to secure the global energy infrastructure. As a dynamic company, we understand what’s valuable for our customers. Together with DSOs, we work out a future-ready proposal that suits their needs and at the same time, enables consumers to adopt a sustainable lifestyle.
The leading supplier of smart energy metering systems and smart grid applications in the Nordics
Founded in 2004 in Jyväskylä, Finland
Shareholders: Investors Alder, 2VK Invest, and Finnish Industry Investment Ltd., as well as part of the personnel
Aidon Customization Centres in Vantaa, Finland, and in Bærum, Norway
Thoughts and experiences about inspiration, technology, energy – anything that contributes to a smarter and greener future!
Aidon Sustainability PolicyAidon is committed to develop, produce, and offer products, services, and solutions with high sustainability standards and to contribute to the sustainable development of society.
The key points are:
- Apply Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology to determine the significant environmental aspects and to assess the environmental impact of our operations
- Reduce the environmental impact of our own operations and take a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Apply Design for Environment principles to ensure continuous environmental improvements with a life cycle perspective regarding Aidon’s portfolio
- Increase knowledge and awareness of sustainability amongst our employees
- Engage in activities that have positive social, environmental, and economic impacts on people, business, and society
- Advocate use of Smarter Grid to mitigate and adapt to climate change and create low carbon economies of the future
- Ensure adequate sustainability standards in our supply chain
- Engage with our stakeholders about our sustainability performance
- Meet or exceed applicable legal requirements in socio-economic and environmental areas
Careers at Aidon
Aidon’s success is based on each employee’s skills, sense of responsibility, and desire to succeed through joint innovation. Our enthusiasm to seek out and create smart solutions is reflected in the innovative products and services we deliver – as well as in the uncontested customer value we create.
We offer interesting jobs, as well as an opportunity to work in an international and progressive organisation. People, their competence and attitude are the most important resource in our company.
Our open positions are presented on this page. You can also send an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org.