Savon Voima Verkko Oy
Shorter response times
Savon Voima Verkko operates 25 000 km of power lines, a big part of that being overhead lines in large areas of rural residence. In forestry regions the lines are vulnerable to storms and heavy snow loads. This kind of environment places challenges for reliable electricity supply.
The new remote update of Savon Voima’s Energy Service Devices enables delivery of alerts for different types of incidents at the customer’s metering point and in the low voltage network. Instant information from faults shortens response times also at the customer service. The faults can be geographically spotted on DMS and repair tasks assigned accordingly.
If a tree falls over the medium voltage line, the breakage-point can thence be located on a map on transformer station level thanks to alerts from metering points that are affected because of missing voltage. This speeds up the task of repairing.
Seamless automated end-to-end work process
Savon Voima’s ultimate target is a seamless work process from alerts to task assignment and repair. They are on good track thanks to the advanced tools, which they are now integrating.
In addition to Aidon meters and ABB’s DMS-system, Tieto’s Grid Wise situational-awareness system with real-time geographical information, and Tieto’s PG Field electronic map application for mobile devices are included. When the integration is ready, the system will automatically process alerts – including details of breakage locations and task descriptions – and deliver them to repair operators in the field.
– Bringing innovations together allows us to repair failures and maintain the grid in a totally new, more efficient way. This improves customer service, and minimizes the compensations we are obliged to pay if the duration of failures exceed a given time limit, says Matti Ryhänen, CEO of Savon Voima.
After the pilot phase which covers 10 000 Energy Service Devices, also the remaining metering points will be updated for similar monitoring and alerting functionality.
- Savon Voima Verkko provides electricity to 114000 customers in the Central-Eastern part of Finland.
- The AMS system consists of 70 000 Aidon Energy Service Devices and Aidon Gateware reading system. Meter reading service is provided by Enfo.
- Low voltage network monitoring feature is under roll-out. Among others, it alerts about faults on customers’ metering points, as well as on the low and medium voltage networks, enabling timely and efficient repair and customer service.
Related press releases
- Aidon is to deliver energy meters to Savon Voima. Read press release