Aidon @ Your Service
AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) is a crucial part of your energy distribution system, providing you with the necessary data for invoicing, while securing energy distribution and grid maintenance processes.Read more
Aidon One is a browser-based service for managing the distribution network and related field work. Aidon One gathers the information needed in metering work, distribution network maintenance and customer service on a map.Read more
Aidon’s total offer includes all elements for a complete AMM system. Our system can be seamlessly integrated with the DSO’s information system environment.Read more
Smart Energy Service Devices
Aidon’s new generation Energy Service Device (ESD) combines meter, communication, versatile sensors, and interfaces with efficient processing power.Read more
Communication technology plays an essential role in smooth and reliable AMM system operation.Read more
Aidon @ Your Service
AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) is a crucial part of your energy distribution system, providing you with the necessary data for invoicing, while securing energy distribution and grid maintenance processes.
Retaining a high AMI service level requires dedicated care and maintenance of the system environment, as well as expert resources. Meanwhile, the accelerated pace of technical development and rapid changes in the operating environment increasingly place demands on your solutions.
More and more companies also in the energy sector are transitioning system operation and maintenance activities to benefit from the ‘as-a-service’ model. This helps to ensure their systems utilise the latest technologies, without binding their in-house experts to take care of this.
If you are looking for a partner who can bring you peace of mind, Aidon – with our extended service portfolio – is ready to offer you a helping hand.
That is what Aidon @ Your Service is about. Our service offering helps you get the most out of your AMI investment throughout its lifetime. Our teams work closely with you to provide a service package that is designed to meet your needs. Following a collaborative assessment, we tailor a solution to suite your requirements from the following offering:
- AMI Services: We take care of your head-end system, communication infra and the devices, including their monitoring, maintenance and updates. If you prefer to run your AMI as a SaaS model instead of investing in an on-premise set-up, our ACloud is the solution for you.
- Project management services: From large-scale AMI roll-outs to smaller upgrade projects or special tasks, you can rely on the experienced Aidon experts who provide you with the support to your need.
- Power grid management (PGM): Leveraging the data provided by the meters, our PGM applications enable monitoring the status of the grid, planning maintenance operations and pinpointing faults and deviations to secure a reliable distribution of electricity.
- Expert services and daily support: Our service desk supports you with daily queries and trouble shooting. Our trainings help you keep your in-house expertise up to date – and when needed, our consultancy services fill in the remaining competence gaps.
Once your service package is in use it will start delivering benefits, including:
- dedicated support with flexibility,
- transparency and predictability of your operating costs,
- efficiency in managing your resources, allowing your experts to focus on their expertise areas,
- proactive approach to your day-to-day operations
- future-proofing your system and services
From reactive to proactive, our technology, service offering, and experts enable a high level of reliability to your AMI operations. Putting the customer first is a core value at Aidon.
Aidon One is a browser-based service for managing the distribution network and related field work. Aidon One gathers the information needed in metering work, distribution network maintenance and customer service on a map.
Aidon One can be used in the office on computer screen and in the field with mobile devices. Aidon One’s functionalities are separate modules from which the DSO can compile a suitable package and flexibly complement it as needed.
Take Aidon One into use, when you want to
- know the daily status of meter readings in each metering point
- follow the status of the reading system’s communication network and see fault situations on a map
- view grid components on a map
- receive information of the alarms in the low voltage network on a map view
- manage field work
- schedule statutory network site inspections and prepare inspection reports
- inform about events concerning distribution network maintenance
- allow your customers to report about faults and other observations on the grid and receive them as work orders
Aidon One – the only service you need
Aidon’s total offer includes all elements for a complete AMM system. Our system can be seamlessly integrated with the DSO’s information system environment.
Find out more about the various system elements by clicking the +-buttons above.
Smart Energy Service Devices
Aidon’s new generation Energy Service Device (ESD) combines meter, communication, versatile sensors, and interfaces with efficient processing power.
The device has a clear and robust design, and it is easy to install. Remote upgradability enables the deployment of new applications and activation of new functionality during the device’s lifecycle.
The task of the meter is to measure energy consumption and generate measuring data, at defined intervals, e.g. every 15 or 60 minutes. The measuring data is further processed by the Energy Service Device’s system module. The system module controls the meter and enables provision of time-stamped registry values, control of loads, monitoring of power quality, registration of power outages and fault information, as well as reading of external status information. The system module also takes care of communication between the Energy Service Device and the head-end system.
Benefits of modularity
In Aidon devices, communication functions are separated into the system module. This allows the meter and the communication system to have different lifespans. For example, the communication technology can be updated during the AMM lifetime by changing the system module, without having to replace the whole meter.
Multi-Connectivity Device (MCD)
MCD is an independent wireless RF communication unit without a meter. MCD can be used as an RF master or RF slave device to extend the radio network coverage and/or capacity. It can also be used to connect other metering devices or sensors to the same AMM system.
Communication technology plays an essential role in smooth and reliable AMM system operation.
The choice of communication technology shall take into account:
- Availability of suitable communication infrastructure
- Density and amount of metering points
- Geographical topology
- Technological and operational requirements
- Initial investment and operational lifecycle costs
For every purpose and situation
Aidon’s solution offering covers various communication technologies for different needs. The principle solution is based on an autonomous RF mesh network in which the metering devices use each other to build micro networks that re-route automatically in case of environmental conditions affecting the radio signal. In this solution, local metering devices (slaves) deliver their data to a master device. Master devices use 2G/3G/4G connection to communicate with the head-end system. Alternatively, the utility’s own Ethernet connection can be used. This solution is particularly suitable for urban and suburban areas where metering points are close enough to each other to create a micro network.
In the point-to-point solution the metering devices are in direct connection with the head-end system via cellular of fibre networks. This solution is typically used in rural areas.
A third alternative communication solution is wired RS-485. It is used in locations where all metering devices are located in the same space, such as in apartment buildings’ technical rooms. A similar slave-master principle as in RF networks is used for communication with the head-end system.